Tuesday, November 15, 2011

National Hunger and Homeless Awareness Week

Just a short post today to recognize that it is nation hunger and homeless awareness week.  There are tons of people less fortunate than us and they deserve a helping hand every now and then.  I encourage all of you to Donate to the nation coalition for the homeless, or go find a homeless person and give them something.  It doesn't need to be money; give them some food and a blanket, maybe some clean socks.  I'm sure they will appreciate anything you have to offer.  Just remember that while you are reading this, there are people freezing and starving to death, possible on the same block as you.

"As much as we need a prosperous economy, we also need a prosperity of kindness and decency."
-Caroline Kennedy


3 comments:

  1. the cold weather just arrived to town, and there are a few facilities that cater and shelter the homeless, i should encourage the guys at the office maybe we can doante a few good blankets and canned food ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think i've ever given anyone under $10 when they ask or look like they may need it. I have people give me strange looks or tell me "you're just buying them booz". My thinking is.... whatever that $10-$20 buys them will make them happy this day. Everyone stay warm, loved and a full belly this winter. Peace and Love , Woogie

    ReplyDelete